We all know that eating our greens is one of the healthiest things that we can do for bodies. Dark, leafy greens are rich in vitamins and antioxidents, and have superpowers to fight off colds, boost energy, jump start weight loss, and clarify skin. Start your day with this ultra healthy drink- you’ll thank us later!
So, put down the croissant, walk away from the donuts, and head for your blender. This one is easy.
The Clean Green
Adapted from Candice Kumai’s “Clean Green Drinks”
Kale: filling fiber
Almond butter: protein+omega 3 fats
Almond milk: a delicious non-dairy alternative
Soma water: tasty, healthy filtered water
1½ cups coconut milk, almond milk, or Soma water!
2 cups kale greens
1 frozen banana
1 tablespoon spirulina
2 tablespoons natural almond butter
1 cup ice
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
We all know that we need to drink water, yet sometimes it’s a struggle. If the taste of plain water is boring, spice it up with these creative ice cubes, and get hydrated!
Lemon has many known detoxifying properties, and strawberries contain important antioxidents!
You can replace the strawberries and mint with any fruit or herb combination.
Don’t forget to use Soma filtered water.
Strawberry-Lemon-Mint Ice Cubes Makes 32 cubes
1 handful organic mint 2 cups organic strawberries 3 tablespoons fresh organic lemon juice 2 ice cube trays Filtered water
1. Puree strawberries with a small amount of equal parts water and lemon juice.
2. Once you have a thick, but pourable strawberry mixture, fill one ice cube tray.
3. Finely chop your mint. Take a moment to enjoy the fragrance.
4. Fill the second ice cube tray halfway with water. Freeze for 20 minutes.
5. Top the second tray with mint and add water until it’s full. Continue to freeze until frozen solid.
Don’t forget to use filtered water! Your cubes will be clearer,fresher, and healthier.