Whether you’re hosting an al fresco dinner party, or just taking the time to relax this holiday weekend, we have some recipes that can make this Memorial Day a refreshing one.
Cucumber and Lavender Infused Water
- 1 bunch Dried lavender
- Fresh lavender sprigs to garnish
- 1 Cucumber or 1 1/2-2 oz Cucumber Vodka
- Pot of water
- Your Soma pitcher or Carafe
- Fill Soma vessel with cucumbers.
- Fill reservoir with tap water and store your fridge.
- Let soma infuse your cucumber water overnight or for a few hours.
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- While water boils, strip dried lavender buds from sprigs and gather in a mixing bowl. Leave a few to garnish.
- When water boils, pour over dried lavender and cover with a towel.
- Let buds continue steeping until the water cools.
- Strain buds form the water & discard remains (they will not have a lavender scent now that their essence is gone).
- When water cools, add to your soma to mix cucumber and lavender.
- Pour over ice and dress with both fresh and dried sprigs and a cucumber slice or two.
Rose Water and Lemon Spritzer
- 2 tablespoons Soma x Juice Served Here
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2-2 ounces vodka (omit to make a mocktail!)
- 1-2 tablespoon honey, or to taste (use agave if vegan)
- A few drops of blood orange or pomegranate juice, for color (optional)
- 3/4 cup sparkling water, or more to taste
- Fresh roses, for garnish (optional)
- Order Ingredients
- Combine the Rose Water, fresh lemon juice, vodka (optional), honey and blood orange or pomegranate juice (optional) in a cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake until combined and then strain into a glass.
- Pour in the sparkling water.
- Garnish with fresh roses or organic edible flowers.
It’s not just the water that can be refreshing. Get creative with the ice cubes by adding flavor and color to take your drink to the next level. We love Peak ice cube trays from W&P Design. They are so easy to use and make customizing your cubes a quick trick to add some creativity to your glass.
Fresh Flavor Cubes
- Infuse your ice-cubes with fresh ingredients such as sage, mint, lavender, etc.
- Freeze overnight and add to your filtered water or fresh lemonade for a hint of flavor.
- Coconut puree
- Strawberry puree or sliced strawberries
- Blueberry puree or full blueberries.
Berry Puree will add more color and flavor to your drink as the ice cubes melt. For a more subtle look and taste, you can opt for pieces of fresh fruit.
- If you are using puree, layer each ingredient in your tray. If you are using fruit instead of fruit puree, place the fruit in the tray, and fill it up with Soma water.
- Chill in the freezer overnight and pop out of the tray when you are ready to cool down your drink.